Welcome to Understand how to write good papers for high level journals
Description: Publication in good journals is a sign of high international recognition of your work. Writing good papers that can be accepted for publication on high level journals are one of the important tasks during a Ph. D. study. This course tries to help the Ph. D. students to increase their chances to get their papers published in international journals. To serve the goal, in this course
• First, the procedure about how the paper review process is carried out will be explained (starting from the moment you submit your paper to the time that you get the reviewers’ comments and until the final decision).
• How will the paper is reviewed by reviewers.
• Standard evaluation forms that will be filled in by the reviewers for different journals.
• Important aspects to consider when you write your paper. (Paper structure, what to do and what not to do)
• How to include citations to other work in a paper
• How to write the reply to the response from reviewer.
• Case study – from a rejected paper to an accepted paper.
Examples will be given mainly in the Energy Technology area in terms of journals – but most of it has a generic structure in terms of peer review process.
Organizer: Associate Professor, Kaiyuan Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org, Aalborg University
Lecturers: Professor Frede Blaabjerg, email@example.com – Aalborg University and Associate Professor Kaiyuan Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org, Aalborg University
Time: 8 – 9 May, 2014 (1.5 days)
Place: Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 101
Zip code: 9220
Number of seats:
Deadline: 15 April, 2014
- Teacher: Kaiyuan Lu