IPEP builds on a cooperation agreement between the University of Verona (Department of Human Sciences) and Aalborg University (Department of Culture and Learning). It stems from a synergy between these universities, the University of Nottingham (School of Education), and the Institute of Research on Population and Social Policies of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR-IRPPS), co-founders of the International Research Centre for Global and Comparative Policy Studies on the Education and Learning of Adults (IRC-GloCoPoS).
The Summer School will include an explicit focus on policy related to higher and adult education, and the specific content of activities will be developed in light of the participants’ profiles.
In continuity with past years’ seasonal schools (in Verona), this IPEP Summer School will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about, and discuss:
- The nature and the role of ‘theory’ in the understanding of educational policy
- The relationship between global, national, and institutional governance in education
- The strengths and limits of document analysis, discourse analysis and educational ethnography to investigate education policy
- Current discourses on new technologies, their consequences and educational responses to them
- Urgent education policy issues in the countries represented by the participants