Due to the Corona situation the ”Academic Information Searching, Publishing and Management” at the 28-29/4 is cancelled. Please keep informed through Moodle.
Welcome to Academic Information Searching, Publishing and Management (AISPM), CPH Spring
Description: This 2-day course gives you skills and knowledge within a wide range of relevant areas useful during your PhD. The objective of the course is to facilitate your entrance into the academic research world, so it is recommended that you take it when starting your PhD.
The course will cover these essential areas (see the attached file for a detailed programme):
- Searching, evaluating and organising information – How to apply a structured method to search information e.g. for a literature review. How to prepare and apply relevant criteria for assessing and documenting the search results. How reference management tools can facilitate the process of organising search results
- Publication strategy - How to increase publications’ visibility and searchability in databases through well-informed choices regarding an article’s key features (titles, keywords and abstracts) and impact measures of the publication channel. Knowledge of Open Access and Predatory Journals as well as citations, citation databases and BFI in publication strategy. How to use relevant tools and websites for choosing where to publish.
- Copyright for researchers and research ethics
- Research Registration – introduction to research registration and your researcher profile in VBN, the research portal of Aalborg University
- Maximizing exposure of your research and research profile – H-index and Alternative Metrics as measures of Research Evaluation. Introduction to researcher identifiers and profiling – ORCID and VBN-portal
The course is a “toolbox for research”-course with a mix of presentations and hands-on exercises, either working on your own focusing on your own PhD-project or in small groups with a shared focus. Please remember to bring your computer.
The course does not focus on methods for medical information searching and publishing. For this purpose, please see the description for the course Health Scientific Searching and Publishing instead on PhD Moodle.
Preparation before the course: Please see the attached file with articles of subjects covered in the course. Prior to the course you also need to make sure you can log in to Aalborg University Research Portal at vbn.aau.dk/admin. For support, please contact email@example.com.
Exercises: There will be both class exercises and home exercises. The home exercises will be introduced during the course. You are required to finish the home exercises at home and return them by a specific date.
Catering: There will be coffee and tea during the day. However, you will have to bring your own lunch.
Course language: English
Important: In order to pass the course you are required to be present for the duration of the course’s two days and complete the home exercises.
Organizer: Rikke Perregaard Bentzen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturers: Rikke Bentzen, Librarian; Charlotte Wind, M.L.I.Sc; Sofie Husby; and Louise Thomsen, M.L.I.Sc
Time: 28-29 April 2020, 9:00-15:00
Place: A. C. Meyers Vænge 15, 2450 Cph SV. Building A. Room 3.084A
Number of seats: 20
Deadline: 7 April 2020
Important information concerning PhD courses: We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 3.000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately four months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.