Welcome to Numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters
Description: The main objective of this course is to train each participant to the numerical and experimental modelling and control of Wave Energy Converters (WECs).
The following topics will be taught:
- The State of the Art of wave energy conversion techniques
- The State of the Art of numerical modelling of WECs, the limitations and the alternative numerical approaches
- The State of the Art of experimental modelling of WECs, the limitations
- The State of the Art of control of WECs
By the end of the course, the participants will have carried out the following tasks:
- Wave measurement and generation in wave tank
- Numerical investigation of the performance of a WEC
- Experimental investigation of the performance of a WEC with and without control
The course is arranged jointly by Doctoral School of Engineering and Science at Aalborg University, Ecole Centrale de Nantes and University College Cork. The course is held right after the EWTEC 2017 conference in Cork, Ireland, August/September 2017.
For PhD students registered at any university, a reduced fee will apply (€400). For non-PhD students are also welcome at the course, at full cost (€1100). Fees will be collected after registration deadline but prior to the course.
The course is of relevance to PhD students and others with interests in development of wave energy converters.
- Degree in Engineering
- Basic knowledge of Matlab or any other programming language
Organizer: Associate Professor Jens Peter Kofoed, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (AAU), Associate Professor Morten M. Kramer, email: email@example.com (AAU), Post Doc Francesco Ferri, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (AAU) and Associate Professor Aurélien Babarit (ECN) and Funded Investigator Jimmy Murphy (UCC).
Lecturers: Jens Peter Kofoed, Morten Mejlhede Kramer, Francesco Ferri, Francesc Fàbregas Falvià, Jimmy Murphy.
Time: 4-8 September 2017.
Venue: University College Cork and MaREI Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy, Ireland.
Number of seats: 32
Deadline: 23 August 2017
Important information concerning PhD courses We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Aurélien Babarit
- Teacher: Francesc Fàbregas Flavià
- Teacher: Francesco Ferri
- Teacher: Jens Peter Kofoed
- Teacher: Morten Bech Kramer