Welcome to Electrochemical Energy Conversion CANCELED
Description: This PhD course is an introduction to electrochemical energy conversion with a focus on fuel cell technology (gas to power) and electrolyzer technology (power to gas). In detail, it will provide
- An introduction to the thermodynamics of electrochemical energy conversion;
- An overview of the different types of fuel cells and elecytrolyzers and their materials;
- An introduction of the different ways of modeling of electrochemical devices and systems;
- A familiarity with the different experimental methods to test and characterize electrochemical energy converters;
As the conclusion of the course, an attendee will be well prepared to understand and follow more sophisticated state-of-the-art literature in this field, to be able to understand simple (zerodimensional) models of fuel cell systems using software such as EES and know the benefits and drawbacks of advanced (multi-dimensional) models of the fluid flow in electrochemical devices that employ the methods of computational fluid dynamics. The attendee will also have an overview of the various experimental methods that can be employed to test electrochemical devices. This PhD course is aimed at recent graduates, professional engineers and the likes.
- R. O’Hayre, S.-W. Cha, W. Colella, F. B. Prinz: Fuel Cell Fundamentals, 3rd ed., Wiley, 2016.
- F. Barbir: PEM Fuel Cells - Theory and Practice, 2nd ed., Elsevier, 2012.
- D. Bessarabov, H. Wang, H. Li, N. Zhao: PEM Electrolysis for Hydrogen Production: Principles and Applications, CRC Press 2015.
- S. Lvov: Introduction to Electrochemical Science and Engineering,CRC Press, 2014
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge in thermodynamics and modeling methods such as Engineering Equation Solver (EES) and/or the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
Organizer: Associate Professor Torsten Berning, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Aalborg University
Lecturers: Associate Professor Torsten Berning, Associate Professor Vincenzo Liso, Associate Professor Anders Olesen, Associate Professor Samuel Araya
Price: 6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 1500 DKK for PhD students in Denmark, who are not from AAU. 8000 DKK for the Industry.
Time: 28. - 31. August 2017
Number of seats: 25
Deadline: 7. August 2017
Important information concerning PhD courses We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Samuel Simon Araya
- Teacher: Torsten Berning
- Teacher: Vincenzo Liso
- Teacher: Anders Christian Olesen