- Description: The course will cover the practical assessment of neuromuscular function and adaptations following training or rehabilitation. The topics covered include: assessment of plasticity in cortical pathways by measures such as I-wave facilitation, motor evoked potential changes as well as cortical inhibition and facilitation using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), assessment of cortical plasticity using electroencephalography (EEG), assessment of spinal plasticity by measures of the stretch reflex as well as more advanced techniques (reciprocal inhibition, monosynaptic Ia excitation and post-activation depression). The course will be conducted through a combination of lectures as well as laboratory work with a greater emphasis on the laboratory component.
Literature: Selected papers and book chapters will be provided to the participants shortly before the course.
Prerequisites: A basic background within Anatomy, Physiology and Motor Control is desirable.
Evaluation: Laboratory assignments will be completed throughout the course.
- Organizer: Associate Professor Natalie Mrachacz-Kersting, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecturers: Associate Professor Natalie Mrachacz-Kersting, Aalborg University
- ECTS: 1.5
- Time: 10, 14, 31 October 2016, 12.30-16.15.
Place: Fredrik Bajers Vej 7E/3-209
- Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats: 30
- Deadline: 16 September, 2016
Important information concerning PhD courses:
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.