Aim: To give an update on immunohistochemical markers, antibodies and methods used in diagnostic pathology for the unknown primary tumour, solid tumours in various organs, and malignant lymphomas. The workshop will particularly focus on
- planning and diagnostic use of antibody panels
- optimization of staining protocols for histological and cytological material
- use of control tissues and identification of critical stain quality indicators
- identification and handling of technical and diagnostic pitfalls.
- use of digital image analysis
Methods: The course will consist of lectures and interactive sessions, the latter based on analyses of relevant NordiQC assessments and multitissue slides stained in the participants’ laboratories.
Dabbs DD (Ed.): Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry, 4 ed., Elsevier 2014.
Basic knowledge in clinical pathology and immunohistochemistry.
No exam, but evaluation of course attendance and group work. The students evaluate the course at the end of the course.
- Organizer: Professor Mogens Vyberg, e-mail: email@example.com
- Lecturers: Mogens Vyberg , Søren Nielsen, Rasmus Røge
- ECTS: 2
- Time: 30th November, 1st December, 2nd December
- Place: Aalborg Universitetshospital, Patologisk Institut, Ladegårdsgade 3
- Zip code:
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats:
- Deadline: 9. November
- Teacher: Mogens Vyberg