This course deals with basic principles of epidemiology and will prepare the students for further courses in advanced epidemiology. The course will consist of lectures and group-work based on scientific papers.
The main themes are:
- Descriptive studies
- Measures of associations
- Observational design, including cross-sectional studies, cohort studies, case control studies
- Experimental studies (randomized controlled trials)
- Sources of information for epidemiological studies
- Issues of precision
- Issues of validity, including bias and confounding
- Applications of epidemiology in different areas, including clinical epidemiology
- Organizer: Kirsten Fonager, Ph.D, associate professor, Henrik Bøggild, Ph.D, associate professor.
- Lecturers: Kirsten Fonager, Ph.D, associate professor, Henrik Bøggild, Ph.D, associate professor and others.
- ECTS: 3,2
- Time: 24.-25. okt and 31.okt.-1.nov
- Place: Aalborg University, Niels Jernes Vej 6A, room1.18
- Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg East
- Number of seats:
- Deadline: 3 October