- Description: The objective of this course is to give the participants a case based introduction to an important tool in biomedical research – statistical software, Stata. Based on real data from medical research projects the intent is to give the participants an insight into the process of transforming raw data into output that is suitable for a publication. During the course the participants will be introduced to the following possibilities in Stata:
- How to load data.
- ii. How to prepare data for analysis.
- How to run analysis.
- How to manage output.
- How to present results.
- How to learn more.
The course will consist of both plenum presentations and hands-on exercises.
- Organizer: Søren Lundbye-Christensen
- Lecturers: Søren Lundbye-Christensen, PhD Senior Biostatistician, Aalborg University Hospital & Mette Dahl Bendtsen, Biostatistician
- ECTS: 0,8
- Time: November 17th and 25th
- Place: Forskningens Hus, room 018, Sdr. Skovvej 15
- Zip code: 9000
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats:
- Deadline: October 20th
Important information concerning PhD courses:
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.