Microplastic occurs in surface waters, wastewaters, stormwaters, aquatic sediments, terrestrial soils, and biota living in these environments. In this course we cover
- The state-of-art of microplastic in the environment
- Methods to extract microplastic from environmental samples
- Identification of microplastic using micro-FTIR imaging
The form of the course is partly theoretical and partly practical. Theoretical aspects are first in a combination of lectures and study groups. Practical aspects are addressed in small groups conducting practical exercises on microplastic extraction and identification.
Prior to the course the students have to acquaint themselves with selected literature and the course is evaluated based on a small report written on the work done during the course.
- Organizer: Jes Vollertsen and Asbjørn
- Lecturers: Jes Vollertsen and Asbjørn
- ECTS: 3
- Time: 1 week in October-November, 2016
- Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats: 30
- Deadline: 10 September, 2016
- Important information concerning PhD courses We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Jes Vollertsen