- Description: The purpose of this course is to motivate doctoral students from different fields of engineering and medicine to get familiar with basic and advanced topics of image and video processing and apply them in their own PhD projects. The course will start by giving basic image processing concepts on how an image is formed, manipulated, and analyzed. Then, he course continues into more advanced topics like different imaging sensors and data, object detection, recognition, and tracking.
Prerequisites: Basic linear algebra and Matlab.
- Organizer: Kamal Nasrollahi, Assistant Professor, and Thomas B. Moeslund, Professor
- Lecturers: Kamal Nasrollahi, Assistant Professor, and Thomas B. Moeslund, Professor
- ECTS: 3
- Time: 10-12 May, 2016 9:00-16:00 and
31 May, 2016 13:00-16:00
- Place: Fredrik Bajers Vej 7B/2-109
Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats: 20
- Deadline: 19 April, 2015
- Important information concerning PhD courses:
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Kamal Nasrollahi