- Description: The course has the two-fold purpose to prepare Ph.D. students for their future jobs by providing insight in how to carry out R&D projects in an organizational context and how to manage their own projects. A graduate from an Engineering PhD Program will typically become either a member or a manager of teams or departments working with innovation and research/development tasks. Not only will she/he be expected to be able to contribute scientifically and technically; but will also be responsible for initiating research and development projects, for managing and working with other scientists, engineers and technicians, and for establishing a constructive co-operation with other departments in the organization. This course aims at preparing the PhD students for this situation. The course will teach theory and practical methods for development proficiency in these subject-areas.
- Organizer: Professor Frank Gertsen, email: email@example.com
- Lecturers: Frank Gertsen (FG), Professor, Center for Industrial Production, Department of Business & Management
- ECTS: 2.5
- Time: 26-28 April, 2016 9:00-16:00
- Place: 26 April - Fredrik Bajers Vej 7A/4 Room 106
27-28 April - Fredrik Bajers Vej 7B/2 Room 104
- Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg Ø
- Number of seats: 50
- Deadline: 5 April. 2016
- Important information concerning PhD courses
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Frank Gertsen