- Description: The course will take both a theoretical and a practical approach. The theoretical approach by conceptualising the planning, presentation and evaluation processes emphasising the communicative aspects. The practical approach by training the oral communication in a video laboratory where the participants are asked to make a presentation of both a self-selected subject and a self-selected situation. The course will be organised in three parts: First, the participants will be asked to prepare a presentation. Second, there will be a presentation of concepts at the seminar followed by the video laboratory. Third, at the end of the seminar the participants will be asked to set up a personal plan for improvement. Before the course starts, the participants will receive a collection of relevant papers. The issues raised in this course will not be subject-based but participant-based on a general level for scientific communication. PhD students from other faculties and universities can benefit from attending the course.
Objectives: The objective is to train and improve the participants’ skills in oral communication especially at scientific conferences and in university teaching.
- Organizer: External lecturer Professor Pia Bøgelund, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecturers: External lecturer Pia Bøgelund, Professor Anette Kolmos, Aalborg University and Professor Lise Busk Kofoed, Aalborg University
- ECTS: 2.5
- Time: 1-3 November, 2016
November 1: Niels Jernes Vej 12A/6-104
November 2: Niels Jernes Vej 12A/6-104
November 3: Niels Jernes Vej 12A/6-104
+ Niels Jernes Vej 12A/6-111
+ Frederik Bajers Vej 7A/3-207
- Zip code: 9220
- City: Aalborg
- Number of seats: 24
- Deadline: 11 October, 2016
- Important information concerning PhD courses:
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Pia Bøgelund
- Teacher: Lise Busk Kofoed
- Teacher: Anette Kolmos