Welcome to Advanced Musculoskeletal Modeling Techniques
Description: This PhD course is a follow-up on a previously given course on Musculoskeletal Modeling by Multibody Dynamics. Musculoskeletal modeling techniques in terms of kinematics and kinetics are briefly introduced for the benefit of new participants, but the main part of the course deals with advanced modeling techniques. The course uses the AnyBody Modeling System throughout. Prior user experience with this system is a significant advantage for participation in the course.
Initial preparation: Two weeks prior to the course, licenses for the AnyBody Modeling System will be distributed. The participants have to install the software and complete the two tutorials Getting Started and Getting Started with AnyScript as homework before the course.
NB: Each participant must bring a reasonably modern Windows laptop. An AnyBody license will be provided for installation prior to the course. A basic understanding of linear algebra and calculus is a prerequisite for participation.
23 March: Fundamentals of musculoskeletal modeling
- Musculoskeletal modeling methods
- AnyBody installation and introduction
- Basic structure and operation of AnyBody
- Structure of advanced models
24 March: Advanced kinematics
- Over-determinate kinematics
- Drivers, weight functions and joint limits
25 March: Advanced kinetics
- Force-dependent kinematics
- Contact mechanics by muscle recruitment
- Prediction of dynamic ground reaction forces
- Modeling of joint stability
26 March: Development of patient-specific models
- Scaling methods
- Muscle parameter calibration
- Validation metrics
27 March: Parameter studies, optimization and statistical modeling
- AnyBody interface options
- Python and AnyBody
- Statistical modeling and model sensitivity
- Monte Carlo and Latin Hypercube Sampling with Python
Price: DKK 500 for non-AAU participants to cover coffee and refreshments. DKK 4000 for industrial and non-university participants.
Organizer: Professor John Rasmussen, e-mail: email@example.com
Lecturers: John Rasmussen (JR), Mark de Zee (MdZ), Michael Skipper Andersen (MSA)
Time: 23-27 March, 2015
Place: Aalborg University, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Fibigerstraede 16 Zip code: 9220
City: Aalborg Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 1 March, 2015