Welcome to the course Scientific Misconduct
A course concerning scientific misconduct, and conduct, has developed into a necessity.
Papers are being published like never before, and in relation to this, there are several grey-areas and pitfalls that one must be aware off.
We have allied ourselves with Professor Uffe Juul Jensen from Aarhus University who has a lifetime of experience with theories of science and ethics of science.
1) Introduction to PhD: 2 hours (Ole K. Andersen)
* Formalities concerning PhD Plans etc.
* The role of the supervisor
* Agreement concerning research co-operation etc.
2) Good Scientific Conduct: 1 hour (Ulrik Baandrup)
* Values, Acts and ethics
* Grey areas
* The Singapore Declaration
3) Lunch break
4) Scientific Misconduct: 1½ hour (Uffe Juul Jensen)
* Especially grey areas
5) Publishing: 1½ hour (Trine Fink)
* Data storage etc.
Organizer: Professor Ole K. Andersen, Aalborg University, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturers: Professor Ole K. Andersen, Aalborg University, Professor Ulrik T. Baandrup, Aalborg University, Associate Professor Trine Fink and Professor Uffe Juul Jensen, Aarhus University
Time: January 19, 2015, commencing at 09:00 hrs.
Place: Fredrik Bajers Vej 7B/3-104 Zip code: 9220
City: Aalborg East Number of seats: 200
Deadline: January 16, 2015