Description: A 3-day intensive course “Harmonics in Power Electronics and Power Systems”. This important course provides a broad overview of power system harmonic problems, methods of analysing, measuring and effectively mitigating them. Extended simulation tools, among others DIgSILENT PowerFactory, harmonic analysis software Danfoss MCT31, Matlab/Simulink or PSpice will be used to assess and study the harmonic distortion at different points of power networks. The results of simulations will be validated in laboratory using specialized equipment, for instance GPS-synchronized measuring instruments.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Power Quality definitions. Generation mechanism of power system harmonics. Harmonic indices.
- Voltage vs. current distortion. Point of Common Coupling (PCC).
- Sources and effects of harmonic distortion.
- Harmonic measuring instruments and measuring procedures in HV and LV networks.
- Mathematical tools and theories for analysing distorted waveforms. Signal processing.
- Modelling of power system components. Harmonic analysis.
- Harmonic load-flow, frequency scan and time domain simulations.
- Software tools for harmonic analysis.
- Harmonic elimination techniques. Passive and active line filters. Filter design.
Organizer: Professor Claus Leth Bak, email@example.com, Aalborg University.
Lecturers: Lucian Asiminoaei - Danfoss, Wojciech Wiechowski - WTW Power Solutions and Lukasz Kocewiak – DONG Energy
Time: 10 – 12 November, 2014
Place: Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 101
Zip code: 9220
Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 20 October 2014
- Teacher: Claus Leth Bak