Description: The course will provide training and education on the subject of Voltage Stability analysis.
The PhD course will include basic knowledge of power transfer limitations in DC and AC systems, the effect of reactive compensation, generator reactive support, and load dynamics and basic concepts of voltage stability monitoring, control and protection.
The main topics are as follows:
• Overview of power system stability and classification
• Basics of stability theory
• Voltage stability and maximum power transfer
• Reactive generation and reactive power limits. Immediate loss of stability
• Fast and slow response including load dynamics.
• Modelling and response of Load Tap Changers
• Multi-time scale and quasi steady state simulation
• Voltage Stability Monitoring and Countermeasures
Prerequisites: General knowledge in electrical AC circuits and electrical power engineering, preferably background at graduate level in power systems. Exercises involve Matlab.
Organizer: Professor Zhe Chen, email@example.com, Aalborg University
Lecturers: Professor Costas Vournas, firstname.lastname@example.org, NTUA, Greece
Time: 10-13 February, 2014
Place: Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstraede 101
Zip code: 9220
Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 31 January, 2014