Description: The course will provide training and education in the field of wind power engineering, covering the electrical aspects of wind turbine systems, including electrical machines, power electronics and power systems.
The PhD course will include basic knowledge of electrical systems of wind power conversion systems, operation and control in power systems with high level wind power penetration. Some of the course contents are based on recently obtained research results.
The main topics are as follows:
• Overview of electrical systems of wind energy conversion systems
• Wind power generators
• Power electronics in wind power conversion system
• Wind turbine systems
• Offshore wind farms and electrical system optimisation
• Operation and control of wind turbines and wind farms
• Wind turbines in power systems
Prerequisites: General knowledge in electrical engineering, preferably have a background at graduate level in electrical engineering.
Organizer: Professor Zhe Chen , email@example.com, Aalborg University
Lecturers: Professor Zhe Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Aalborg University
Time: 4 – 7 February, 2014
Place: Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 101.
room114(commencement at 9.00)
Zip code: 9220
Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 27 January, 2014