Welcome to Advanced Energy System Analysis on the EnergyPLAN model
Description: The PhD course gives an introduction to advanced energy system analysis using the EnergyPLAN computer model. After the course the participants are expected to be able to understand methodologies of advanced energy system analysis and to be able to use the EnergyPLAN computer model as a tool in making energy system analyses.
The course is conducted as a combination of lectures and computer workshops of a total of 4 days (32 hours) and assignments of a total of 6-7 days (52 hours). Results of assignments will be presented by the participants.
The course start with an introduction to the model (installation, using, constructing new data sets) and proceeds to focus on the use of the model in
- sustainable cities and communities
- technical analyses of large-scale integration of wind.
- analyses of exchange with external electricity markets
- combinations of different renewable energy technologies.
- designing flexible energy systems using flexible technologies such as heat pumps, hydrogen storage, pumped storage etc.
- district heating systems versus individual houses and zero energy buildings
- designing energy systems based on multiple criteria
Organizer: Poul Alberg Østergaard
Lecturers: Henrik Lund, Brian Vad Mathiesen & David Connolly
COST: 500 DKK or 70€
Time: 7-9 + 22-24 April, 2014
Place: Aalborg University, Skibbrogade 5, room C2/12
Zip code: 9000
Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 30 March, 2014