Welcome to Introduction to the PhD study, Fall 1
- Give the PhD student a basic understanding of how the PhD education at Aalborg University is structured as well as the formal requirements related hereto.
- Support the PhD student in developing his/her study plan.
1 day with lectures and a course work, followed up by completing the PhD student’s individual study plan in cooperation with his/her supervisors and research environment
Course blocks and topics:
1. The Legislation - the rights and duties of a PhD student
- For this session the students have to read the Ministerial order for PhD education (http://www.phd.teknat.aau.dk/intranet/rules-regulations/)
2. The structure of Aalborg University & Organization of the Doctoral School
- The administrative organization of the Doctoral School
- The PhD student organization: PAU
3. My life as a PhD student: Experiences from PhD students
4. Writing the study plan
- Project management, project organization
- Publications as deliverables
- How to keep on-track during your PhD study
- At the time you attend this course, your study plan should be in progress. Bring a printed or electronic copy of the study plan as it is at the time of the course.
Professor Jes Vollertsen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Jes Vollertsen, Aalborg University
Professor Paola Valero, Aalborg University
September 4, 2013, from 9:00 to 16:00.
Frederik Bajers Vej 7C
9220 Aalborg East
Number of seats:
August 14, 2013
Important information concerning PhD courses
We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Paola Ximena Valero Dueñas
- Teacher: Thomas Graven-Nielsen
- Teacher: Paola Valero
- Teacher: Jes Vollertsen
- Teacher: Chunfang zhou