Welcome to Design and Analysis of Experiments
Description: After a short survey of basic statistical concepts such as estimation, significance tests and confidence intervals, an introduction will be given to the analysis of designed experiments, including analysis of variance and factorial designs. The course will also cover multiple and polynomial regression. The course will be accompanied by an introduction to a dedicated statistical software package (R, see more at http://www.r-project.org).
Prerequisites:The course assumes basic knowledge about mathematics and probability theory as obtained through the engineering courses at Aalborg University. Some knowledge about basic statistics, such as one sample estimation and test of hypotheses, will be desirable.
Textbook: John Lawson: Design and Analysis of Experiments with R, CRC Press, 2015.
According to Deborah Worth from CRC Press there is a special price at Factum books Aalborg for the participants at this PhD course. Here is a sales LINK to the book on Factum's homepage. The book should be available in week #37.
- The course will use exclusively R. However, there exists other software/libraries for design and analysis of experiment such as: JMP, the Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox in Matlab, the python library pyDOE2.
- Most of the examples in the course come from the food industry but the methods introduced may of course be used in other fields.
- Active attendance in at least 9 out of 12 lectures. Lecture 0 below is not mandatory and does not count for participation in the minimum required attendance of 9 lectures.
- Hand in a statistical analysis done in the last two lectures (needs to be passed)
Organizers and lecturers: Associate Professor Esben Høg, e-mail: email@example.com and Assistant Professor Christophe Biscio, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 15, 16, 17, 23-24 and 30 September + 1, 7-8, 14-15 and 21-22 October 2020. All days 12:30-16:15.
15. September: Fibigerstræde 1, lokale 35
16-17 + 23-24. September: Fibigerstræde 4, lokale 125
30. September: Fibigerstræde 4. lokale 123
7-8. + 14. October: Fibigerstræde 1, lokale 35
21-22. October: Fibigerstræde 3, lokale 37
1. October: Fibigerstræde 16, lokale 1.111
15. October: Fibigerstræde 16, lokale 1.111
Zip code: 9220
City: Aalborg Øst
Number of seats: 30
Deadline: 26 August 2020
Important information concerning PhD courses: We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 3.000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately four months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registrations.
- Teacher: Christophe Biscio
- Teacher: Esben Høg