Welcome to Introduction to the PhD Study (Medicine), Fall 2
Please observe that this course is for PhD students within the Faculty of Medicine. We offer a similar course for PhD students within the Faculty of Engineering and Science and The Technical Faculty of IT and Design “Introduction to the PhD Study (Engineering and Tech)”
Objective: Give the PhD student a basic understanding of the PhD education at Aalborg University. Support the PhD student in developing his/her study plan. Practical informations making research projects
For Biomedical Science and Engineering: ½ day with lectures and discussions.
For Clincial Science and Biomedine and Health Care, Education, Organizations and Ethics: 1 day with lectures and discussions including informations related to clinical projects (afternoon).
Course blocks and topics:
- The Legislation - the rights and duties of a PhD student. For this session the students have to read the Ministerial order for PhD education (https://ufm.dk/en/legislation/prevailing-laws-and-regulations/education/files/engelsk-ph-d-bekendtgorelse.pdf)
- The structure of Aalborg University & Organization of the Doctoral School
- The administrative organization of the Doctoral School
- The study plan
- My life as a PhD student: Experiences from PhD students
- Which permissions are needed
- Data sources – national and local datasets
At the time you attend this course, your study plan should be in progress. Bring a printed or electronic copy of the study plan as it is at the time of the course.
- Read the Ministerial order for PhD education (https://ufm.dk/en/legislation/prevailing-laws-and-regulations/education/files/engelsk-ph-d-bekendtgorelse.pdf)
- Bring a printed or electronic copy of the study plan.
Organizers and lecturers: Professor Søren Risom Kristensen, email@example.com
- For Biomedical Science and Engineering: ½
- For Clincial Science and Biomedine and Health Care, Education, Organizations and Ethics: 1
Time: 9 December 2019
- For Biomedical Science and Engineering from 8:30 to 12:30
- For Clincial Science and Biomedine and Health Care, Education, Organizations and Ethics from 8:30 to 16:00
Place: Kroghstræde 3, room 5.149
City: 9220 Aalborg Øst
Number of seats: 40
Deadline: 18 November, 2019
Please be informed that it will be possible for students in Copenhagen to participate in the above mentioned PhD course via video conference. If you wish to participate via video conference, please sign op for the course here on PhD Moodle and send an email to Sofie Pia Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information concerning PhD courses: We have over some time experienced problems with no-show for both project and general courses. It has now reached a point where we are forced to take action. Therefore, the Doctoral School has decided to introduce a no-show fee of DKK 5,000 for each course where the student does not show up. Cancellations are accepted no later than 2 weeks before start of the course. Registered illness is of course an acceptable reason for not showing up on those days. Furthermore, all courses open for registration approximately three months before start. This can hopefully also provide new students a chance to register for courses during the year. We look forward to your registration.